Corinth Elementary School
Thank you for sharing your children with us this year! We have enjoyed our time with them. Please see calendar below for special dates and dismissal information. Keep checking the folders at night for specific information from teachers on classroom activities for this last month of school.
REMINDER: This is a friendly reminder from the cafeteria that if your students’ meal account balance is in the negative to please send in payment before June 21st. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Tevendale, Cafeteria Manager at (518) 654-9005, ext. 3114. Thank you.
Have a safe and relaxing summer! See you in September!
Calendar Items for June 2019:
- June 4 – Gr. 5 Band – Handbell concert @ 6:30pm, Elementary Cafeteria
- June 11 – BOE Meeting @ 6:00, PTSA Meeting @ 6:30
- June 12 – Elementary Beginning Band Concert @ 6:30, Elementary Cafeteria
- June 14 – Flag Day Celebration @ 1:30 for Students and Staff ONLY
- June 18 – RAINBOW CLASSIC – rain date June 19th, NO SCHOOL FOR KINDERGARTENERS that day
- June 18 – Kindergarten Orientation for incoming K students @ 9:00
- June 26– Early Dismissal for students, walkers dismiss at 10:25am, busers dismiss at 10:35am
This Month’s Highlights…
RAINBOW CLASSICS on Tuesday, June 18th (Rain date is June 19th)
- Be sure your child wears their team color tee shirt. Try to wear as much of the team color as you can on all clothing.- show team SPIRIT!
- Morning events start at 8:40 and finish at approximately 10:40. When finished with morning events, students go back to classrooms with their teachers. Parents may NOT go with them.
- Students will have assigned lunch times and eat in the cafeteria. After all grades have eaten, we will get ready for our afternoon event.
- Afternoon event starts at 1:00pm on the soccer field. Spectators- please stay on the side opposite the students. Do not stand at the ends or enter the area where we organize the students for the race.
- Please be sure students wear appropriate attire; shorts, T-shirt, sneakers, socks – no sandals or flip-flops
- No water bottles please. There is a water fountain outside that the students pass by several times throughout the day. If the forecast calls for a hot day we will have extra water stations set up.
We hope to see you there – the children love to have someone cheering their team on!
Our Gr. 5 Band-Bell concert will be held on Tuesday, June 4th at 6:30pm in our Elementary Cafeteria. Our Elementary Beginning Band Concert will be presented on Wednesday June 12th at 6:30pm in our Elementary Cafeteria.
These young musicians have been working hard to prepare this program for their families. We look forward to seeing you there!
Mrs. Klingbeil’s class Gr. 1 class collected the most box tops and won the ice cream party for their class! Congratulations!
Thank you to everyone who visited the Book Fair last month. You helped to make it a huge success!
Our last meeting for this school year will be on June 11. All are welcome to attend.
See you next year!
Important message from Mrs. Briner
There are new health regulations for the 2018-19 School Year. NY State now mandates that all students entering Gr. K, Gr. 1, Gr. 3, and Gr. 5 must have a physical completed before entering school in September. Be sure to call your child’s physician to set up an appointment for that.
Also, all students entering Gr. 6 must have a Tdap immunization before the beginning of the school year.
If there are any changes to your child’s health history over the summer, please call the school and leave a message on my voice mail. I will be checking my messages periodically over the summer, (518) 654-2960, ext. 1115.
Updating student information
If you have a change in household information over the summer, please call the office to update us. This could be a new address, new phone number, change in household members, etc.
Our phone number here at the Elementary School is (518) 654-2960.
Can tab update
To date Corinth Elementary has collected approximately 480,000 can tabs for the Ronald McDonald House and the tabs are still coming in! That is roughly 425# of tabs.
The Ronald McDonald House receives approximately $.54/#. This is roughly $250 that we were able to donate to them this school year!
The deadline for turning in tabs this year will be Friday June 7th. The winner will be announced the following week with a pizza party for the winning classroom. Right now Mrs. Lefebre’s fifth grade class is in the lead with over 18 buckets of tabs. Can anyone catch up with them?
Thank you to everyone who donated tabs to our school for this great cause.
Note from the School Library
As the school year comes to a close, please look for any lost library books that you have. Make sure they are all turned in before the end of the school year. Please pay for any lost or damaged ones. Notices and letters have been sent out.
If your child does not turn in all of their library books by the end of the year, their report card will be held in the office until we receive the book or the money owed to replace the book.
Summer Reading at the Corinth Free Library
- June 27 Sign-ups starts
- July 1-2 Exclusive preview of the PBS documentary “Chasing the Moon”
- July 11 Rocket Building for beginners
- July 12 Rocket Building for advanced
- July 16 Global Rocket Challenge World Record Attempt
- July 20 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary: All-day video!
- July 22 Ron Cain’s Martian Magic Show
- August 17 Wrap-Up Party with awards, snacks, and giveaways
Corinth Free Library highlights
- June is National Ice Tea Month and National Rivers Month
- It will be so nice to see several classes visiting us in June…Welcome!
- The 75th Anniversary of D-Day is June 6th.Check out our Victoread display and maybe read a book about WWII.
- Signing up for our Summer Reading Program brings great fun and prizes as you fulfill your summer reading requirement for school.We will be having special programs in July and August that highlight our theme – A Universe of Stories. Sign-ups begin on June 27 during regular hours.
- Check our website to see what’s happening http://corinth.sals.edu
Some great books to read this month are:
- The Night Library – David Zelster
- Baily – Harry Bliss
- Just Jaime – Terri Libenson
- Revenge of the Sis – Jarrett Krosoczka
- Harold and Hog Pretend for Real – Dan Santat
- Earthrise: Apollo 8 and the Photo that Changed the World – James Gladstone
- Look for our new collection of Who Was Biographies
Don’t forget to visit the Library over the summer! We have books, movies, and computers that you can use.
Other Important Information
Change of Information/Emergency Contact Form
Please fill this Change of Information/Emergency Contact form [PDF] out and send to school with your child if there has been ANY change in important information so that we may update our records. Thank you!
Student Absence Form
Please fill out this Student Absence form [PDF] and return to school with your child whenever they miss school, for any reason. We need to keep our records up-to-date in the computer for reporting to New York State. Thank you!
**Please note: if you are unable to access any documents on this page, please contact the Elementary Main Office at (518) 654-2960, ext. 1102.