Corinth Elementary School
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! Our summer staff has been busy preparing for students to arrive. I look forward to filling the school with the busyness of student learning and laughter. This year will be filled with wonderful opportunities and positive experiences for all.
I would like to welcome our new staff members: Ms. Jessica Valente – Assistant Principal, Ms. Megan Kanofsky – Kindergarten, Ms. Andrea Delmar – Kindergarten, Ms. Jennifer Dalto-First Grade, Ms. Eryn DuMoulin-Fifth Grade, Ms. Ashlyn Hillis-Special Education, Mr. Brian Bowe-Physical Education, Ms. Theresa Crombach-5th Grade Band, Ms. Amanda Dearborn-Teacher Assistant, Ms. Jaclyn Sarnelli-Teacher Assistant, Ms. Lisa Flint-Cafeteria Monitor, and Ms. Samantha Crowl-Cafeteria Monitor. We are still in search of a crossing guard for morning drop-off 7:30-8:30.
Meet the Teacher nights are scheduled as follows: K-2 and AIS on September 17th, Grades 3-5 on September 19th. Please see the schedule below for the different grade level times. Teachers will provide parents with an overview of key curriculum requirements and assessments for the grade level as well as classroom procedures. Additional information about these nights will be made available by your child’s classroom teacher.
Our school as many opportunities for you to volunteer your time and efforts. The Elementary PTSA meets monthly. During these meetings you can learn about all of the wonderful ways parents partner with the school to enhance the learning opportunities for our students. Our first meeting will be held on Thursday, September 12 at 6:30pm in the elementary cafeteria. We hope you can attend.
Ms. Renée Young, Elementary Principal
Calendar Items for September 2019:
9-5 First day – Welcome Back!
9-10 BOE Meeting, 6:00pm
9-12 PTSA Meeting, 6:30pm, elementary cafeteria
9-17 Meet the Teacher Night Gr. K-2 & AIS: 6:00-6:30 AIS; 6:30-7:00 Grade K; 7:00-7:30 Grade 1; 7:30-8:00 Grade 2
9-19 Meet the Teacher Night for Gr. 3-5: 6:30-7:00 Grade 3; 7:00-7:30 Grade 4; 7:30-8:00 Grade 5
9-19 Parent night for Gr. 4-5 Band/Bells: 6:30 – 7:30 FOR NEW MEMBERS
9-24 BOE Meeting, 6:00pm
Thank you to the many community members, organizations, and churches who have donated school supplies, snacks for our snack cabinet, and money for our backpack program. Our goal is to make sure that every student has the supplies that they need to be successful. We simply could not do it without the help from all of you. Your generosity is heartwarming. We are truly blessed to live in such a caring town.
Food Backpack Program has 45 openings for the 2019-2020 school year!
Once again, our school has partnered with the Food Bank of Northeastern New York, to offer the “Backpack program” to 45 of our elementary students. This program sends home kid friendly, easy to prepare food every Friday afternoon to help families supplement their food supply over the weekends. The program is easy! Students bring home an extra bag on Fridays, bring the bag home to share the food with their family, and then bring the empty bag back to school on Mondays for the next week.
Would your family benefit from this program? If so, please contact Shayna Paradis, our School Social Worker, at 518-654-2960 ext. 1233.
This program is funded through our collaboration with the Food Bank and then through monetary donations earmarked specifically for the program at Corinth Elementary School. Donations are always accepted and can be mailed directly to the Food Bank at 965 Albany Shaker Road, Latham, NY 12110.
Be sure to note on the donation that it is for the Corinth Elementary School’s Backpack Program. Contact Shayna Paradis at 518-654-2960x1233. with any questions.
Help Your Child Succeed in School: Build the Habit of Good Attendance Early School success goes hand in hand with good attendance!
DID YOU KNOW?
- Starting in kindergarten, too many absences can cause children to fall behind in school.
- Missing 10 percent (or about 18 days) can make it harder to learn to read.
- Students can still fall behind if they miss just a day or two days every few weeks.
- Being late to school may lead to poor attendance.
- Absences can affect the whole classroom if the teacher has to slow down learning to help children catch up. Attending school regularly helps children feel better about school—and themselves. Start building this habit in preschool so they learn right away that going to school on time, every day is important. Good attendance will help children do well in high school, college, and at work.
Let’s start the school year off right and encourage and promote good attendance.
Every DAY counts at Corinth Elementary School!
Corinth Free Library Highlights
Welcome back to school! Don’t forget the Corinth Free Library can help during the school year with Internet & WIFI access, books for reports, databases, and other reference materials, computers for writing reports, and lots of books, magazines, and DVD’s just for fun!
- September is Library Card sign up month. If you need a library card or want to use the internet you must have a parent or guardian come in and sign some forms.If you have a card from another library in the area, that will work here too!
- Your library card can be used to check out ebooks and eaudiobooks too!
- The Library will be closed on Monday, September 2nd for Labor Day.
- September 30 is Science Night at the Library at 7pm
- Check out our website or Facebook page to see what’s happening or check out our catalog:http://corinth.sals.edu.
Some Great books to read this month are:
- Reaching for the Moon – Katherine Johnson
- The Girls of Firefly Cabin – Cynthia Ellingsen
- To the Future, Ben Franklin – Mary Pope Osborne
- Piranhas Don’t Eat Bananas – Aaron Blabey
- The Pigeon Has to Go to School! – Mo Willems
Our Elementary PTSA does so many wonderful things for our school. They sponsor book fairs, fundraisers, donate money for class field trips and assemblies, supply snacks for concerts and other school events, and they run our school store.
We will be holding a book fair September 16-20th at the elementary school. Be sure to check your child’s folder for more details. We will be set up on stage for the curriculum nights as well.
Keep watching your child’s folder for information that will be coming home soon regarding our fall fundraiser.
If you are interested in helping out, please come to our meeting on September 12th and see how you can help. It will be held in the Elementary School cafeteria at 6:30pm. We always welcome new ideas! You can also find us on Facebook at Corinth, NY Elementary PTSA.
Other Important Information
Change of Information/Emergency Contact Form
Please fill this Change of Information/Emergency Contact form [PDF] out and send to school with your child if there has been ANY change in important information so that we may update our records. Thank you!
Student Absence Form
Please fill out this Student Absence form [PDF] and return to school with your child whenever they miss school, for any reason. We need to keep our records up-to-date in the computer for reporting to New York State. Thank you!
**Please note: if you are unable to access any documents on this page, please contact the Elementary Main Office at (518) 654-2960, ext. 1102.