Corinth Elementary School
Please be sure to see our calendar on page 2 for our annual Dine with your Valentine this month! The children love to have a lunch date for this event so we hope that you will all be able to make it. The cafeteria is very full so only 1 adult per child for this event.
Classes go outside for recess during the winter months. Please send your child prepared with boots, hats, gloves/mittens, and snow pants to be outside for 30 minutes. Let us know if your child does not have these items because we may be able to help.
Parking and Student Safety for Arrival and Dismissal
- The bus ramp is closed from 7:00-9:00 in the morning and from 2:00-4:00 in the afternoon. We need to keep this area clear for the safety of our students and for our buses.
- The parent drop-off loop is in the back of the building near the first grade entrance. Students may enter through those doors starting at 8:14 a.m.
- Parents who are escorting their child into the building should park in the main parking lot at the front of the building. You must park and walk your student into the building. Students should NOT be crossing the bus ramp without their adult escort.
- Both parking lots can be utilized when you are picking your student up at dismissal. There are plenty of parking spaces in both lots making parking along the road unnecessary.
Raptor Visitor Management System
Beginning this month, the Corinth Central School District will implement the Raptor Visitor Management System. You will be asked to provide your driver’s license or other form of photo identification if you wish to enter the school building. At that time, you will be given a visitor’s pass with your photo identification to wear during your visit. Upon exiting the building you will hand in your visitor pass at the main office to be checked out of the Raptor system by our building attendance clerk. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we make our schools safer for our students.
The Parent-Teacher-Student Association will be changing their monthly meeting dates to allow for members to attend both the PTSA meetings and the Board of Education meetings. Please check the monthly newsletter for the changed date. This month we will meet on Tuesday, February 5th at 6:30 p.m. in the elementary school cafeteria.
Calendar Items for February 2019:
- Feb. 1 Snowball Dance for Gr. 3-5, 6:30-8:30pm
- Feb. 5 PTSA Meeting, 6:30pm, cafeteria
- Feb. 8 Gr. 4 Play, 6:30pm, cafeteria
- Feb. 11 Dine with your Valentine for Gr. K & 5
- Feb. 12 Dine with your Valentine for Gr. 1 & 3
- Feb. 12 BOE Meeting, 6:30pm
- Feb. 13 Dine with your Valentine for Gr. 2 & 4
- Feb. 14 SNOW date for Dine with Valentine if needed
- Feb. 18 – Feb. 22 NO SCHOOL–WINTER RECESS J
Dine With Your Valentine Lunch Schedule:
Feb. 11 – Gr. K & 5
- Gr. K 10:30-11:00
- Gr. 5 11:45-12:15
Feb. 12 – Gr. 1 & 3
- Gr. 1 11:20-11:50
- Gr. 3 12:35-1:05
Feb. 13 – Gr. 2 & 4
- Gr. 2 10:55-11:25
- Gr. 4 12:15-12:45
Feb. 14 – SNOW DATE
Our 4th Grade Students proudly present FROZEN...
Friday, February 8th at 6:30 p.m. in the Elementary cafeteria
Come and join Olaf, Anna, Elsa and all of their friends as our talented Fourth Grade class presents Frozen on Friday February 8th in the Elementary Cafeteria.
Show time for the general public will be at 6:30 pm. They have been practicing hard so be sure to come and support their amazing talents as they bring the stage to life!
Corinth Free Library highlights
- February 2nd is Take Your Child to the Library Day.Stop by from 11-3 to make a bookmark, do a craft, play a game with your friends and family, put a puzzle together, and read a good book.
- The Library will be closed on February 18th for President’s Day
- Join uson February 25 at 7:00pm for Science Monday.Come have fun with robots, Legos, circuit builders, and new marble maze
- The Cabin Fever Board Game Club is in full swing.The Board Game Club is for elementary and middle school age children who love games.Tired of winter?Join us for some fun after school on Thursdays in February.We start after school and play until we close at 5:00pm.
- Check our website to see what’s happening http://corinth.sals.edu
- Don’t forget story time for Children and their families is on Saturdays at 10:30am
- Visit us during your winter recess to find a great book to read, movie to watch, play a great board game, and use our computers
Some great books to read this month are:
- Warriors in Winter – Mary Pope Osborne
- Max & The Midknights – Lincoln Peirce
- The Bell Rang – James E. Ransome
The PTSA will be doing Sweets for Staff on Valentine’s Day. We are in need of donations for this event. If you would like to sign up to bring a treat for our staff, please visit our Facebook Page and follow the link that we posted. We will also be doing a Pencil gram for Valentine’s day. More information to follow on this.
Our next meeting will be on February 5 at 6:30 p.m. in the cafeteria. Stop by and see what the PTSA does and how you can help out your school.
Corinth Fifth Grade Q2 Honor Roll
- Mr. Beaudet – Trevor Caradonna, Brody Ide, Amelia Knowlton, Zebidiah Martin, Samuel Nelson, Leiann Thompson
- Mrs. Haack – Kylie Ballou, Lucy Berrigan, Madison Braim, Chloe Hall, Chloe Jasper, Parker Sheerer, Lillie Sitts, Braydin Stone, Andrew Varney, Collin Vincent, Aiden Wentworth
- Mr. Brennan – Aidan Blanchard, David Eddy, Aiden Pavlick
- Mr. Fedor – Matthew Allen, Piper Brownell, Lucca Giaculli, Ethan Kellerhouse, Annabell Parker, Aiden Schurr, Adelaide Wagner
- Mrs. Lefebre – Quinn Agnew, Keegan Baker, Ryan Dingmon, Jazlyne Gill, Rachael Lang, Riley Mattison, Abigail Procto, Lila Riihimaki, Natalie Scott, Kaden Wright, Emily Zheng
Other Important Information
Change of Information/Emergency Contact Form
Please fill this Change of Information/Emergency Contact form [PDF] out and send to school with your child if there has been ANY change in important information so that we may update our records. Thank you!
Student Absence Form
Please fill out this Student Absence form [PDF] and return to school with your child whenever they miss school, for any reason. We need to keep our records up-to-date in the computer for reporting to New York State. Thank you!
**Please note: if you are unable to access any documents on this page, please contact the Elementary Main Office at (518) 654-2960, ext. 1102.