Corinth Elementary School
Thank you for sharing your children with us this year! We have enjoyed our time with them this year. Please see calendar below for special dates and dismissal information. Keep checking the folders at night for specific information from teachers on classroom activities for this last month of school.
REMINDER: This is a friendly reminder from the cafeteria to please send in payment if your students’ meal account is in the negative, before June 20th. If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Tevendale, Cafeteria Manager at (518) 654-9005 x 3114. Thank you.
Calendar Items for June 2018:
- June 11: Elementary Beginning Band Concert, 6:30, Elementary Cafeteria
- June 12: BOE Meeting, 6 p.m; PTSA meeting, 6:30 p.m.
- June 13: Grade 5 Band - Handbell concert, 6:30 p.m., Elementary Cafeteria
- June 14: Flag Day-Bicentennial Celebration, 9 a.m. (rain date: June 18)
- June 19: Rainbow Classic (rain date: June 20). NO SCHOOL for Kindergarten
- June 21-22: Early dismissal for students (Walkers dismiss at 10:25, busers dismiss at 10:35)
Have a safe and relaxing summer! See you in September!
This Month’s Highlights
Rainbow Classics is Tuesday, June 19 (rain date: June 20)
- Be sure your child wears their team color T-shirt. Try to wear as much of the team color as you can on all clothing.- show team SPIRIT!
- Morning events start at 8:40 and finish at approximately 10:40. When finished with morning events, students go back to classrooms with their teachers. Parents may NOT go with them.
- Students will have assigned lunch times and eat in the cafeteria. After all grades have eaten, we will get ready for our afternoon event.
- Afternoon event starts at 1:00pm on the soccer field. Spectators- please stay on the side opposite the students. Do not stand at the ends or enter the area where we organize the students for the race.
- Please be sure students wear appropriate attire; shorts, T-shirt, sneakers, socks – no sandals or flip-flops
- No water bottles please. There is a water fountain outside that the students pass by several times throughout the day. If the forecast calls for a hot day we will have extra water stations set up.
- We hope to see you there – the children love to have someone cheering their team on!
Our Elementary Beginning Band Concert will be presented on Monday, June 11th at 6:30pm in our Elementary Cafeteria. Our Gr. 5 Band-Bell concert will be held on Wednesday, June 13th at 6:30pm in our Elementary Cafeteria.
These young musicians have been working hard to prepare this program for their families. We look forward to seeing you there!
Miss Parrish’s Gr. 4 class collected the most box tops and won the ice cream party for their class! Congratulations!
Thank you to everyone who visited the Book Fair last month. You helped to make it a huge success!
Our last meeting for this school year will be on June 12. All are welcome to attend.
See you next year!
Gr. 4 & 5 Spelling Bee
This year’s Spelling Bee winners were:
1st Place – Daniel Hunt
2nd Place – Amelia Millington
3rd Place – Cadence Wells
Congratulations to our winners!
Daniel will also be representing Corinth Elementary School at the Regional Spelling Bee which will be on June 6 at the Trombley Auditorium in the Maple Ave Middle School.
We wish Daniel Good Luck!
Updating Student Info
If you have a change in household information over the summer, please call the office to update us. This could be a new address, new phone number, change in household members, etc.
Our phone number here at the Elementary School is 654-2960.
Can Tab Update
To date Corinth Elementary has collected approximately 632,000 can tabs for the Ronald McDonald House and the tabs are still coming in!
The Ronald McDonald House receives approximately $1.04/lb. This is roughly $500 that we were able to donate to them this school year!
The deadline for turning in tabs this year will be Friday June 8. The winner will be announced the following week with a pizza party for the winning classroom. Right now Mrs. Delaney’s second grade class is in the lead with Miss Stacey’s third grade class catching up… Who will get the pizza party?
Thank you to everyone who donated tabs to our school for this great cause.
Important Message From Mrs. Briner
There are new health regulations for the 2018-19 School Year. NY State now mandates that all students entering Gr. K, Gr. 1, Gr. 3, and Gr. 5 must have a physical completed before entering school in September. Be sure to call your child’s physician to set up an appointment for that.
Also, all students entering Gr. 6 must have a Tdap immunization before the beginning of the school year.
If there are any changes to your child’s health history over the summer, please call the school and leave a message on my voice mail. I will be checking my messages periodically over the summer. 654-2960 x1115.
Note from the School Library
As the school year comes to a close, please look for any lost library books that you have. Make sure they are all turned in before the end of the school year. Please pay for any lost or damaged ones. Notices and letters have been sent out.
If your child does not turn in all of their library books by the end of the year, their report card will be held in the office until we receive the book or the money owed to replace the book. Thank you.
Corinth Free Library Highlights
- June is National Ice Team Month and National Rivers Month
- It will be so nice to see several classes visiting us in June ... welcome!
- Signing up for the Summer Reading Program brings great fun and prizes as you fulfill your summer reading requirement for school. We will be having special programs in July and August that highlight our theme – Corinth 200. Sign-ups begin on June 23 during regular hours.
- Join us for Science Monday on June 27. We have lots of fun exploring with robots, coding, circuit building, and more.
- We will be at the Town Hall Fun Day on June 27. Stop by and sign up for Summer Reading, learn about upcoming programs, and just to say hello.
- Check our website to see what’s happening http://corinth.sals.edu
Some great books to read this month are:
- The Burning Maze - Rick Riordan
- Square - Mac Barnett
- I Walk With Vanessa - Kerascoet
- Goldfish on Vacation - Sally Lloyd-Jones
- Maker Lab Outdoors: 25 Super Cool Projects
- Baby Monkey: Private Eye - Brian Selznick