Corinth Elementary School
Spring is in the air! Remember to send your child to school with warm coats and boots if needed. Classes go outside every day for recess, weather permitting. Our nurse does not have enough extra jackets and sweatshirts to go around so please be sure to provide the proper attire for your child. Thank you.
Our March Literacy month was packed full of many wonderful reading experiences from mystery readers to DARE to the many creative reading posters that were turned in. A special Thank You to the Hudson River Community Credit Union and Saratoga National Bank for contributing prizes and for displaying some of our posters.
Mark your calendars! A reminder that our Rainbow Classic will be held on Tuesday, June 19th with a rain date of June 20th. This event is for students in grades 1-5. Please be looking in your child’s folder for more information on this day. This is always a fun day for students and their families. We hope you can make it!
Calendar Items for April 2018:
- April 2-6: No School (Spring Recess) - Enjoy the time off with your children
- April 10: BOE Meeting, 6:30 p.m. HS Board Room
- April 11-12: NYS ELA test for students in Grades 3-8
- April 17: PTSA Meeting, 6:30 p.m., Elementary Cafeteria
- April 17-18: Kindergarten Registration
- April 23: 3rd Quarter Report Cards go home with students
- April 30: Box Top Contest ends for this school year
Corinth Free Library Highlights
- April is National Poetry Month and Humor Month
- April 2 – Meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Corinth Free Library at 7 p.m.
- April 9-15 is National Library Week
- April 12th is DEAR – Drop Everything and Read!
- April 23 – Talk Like Shakespeare Day. Methinks that couldst be fun!
- April 24 – Science Monday at the Library at 7 p.m.
- April 30 - Science Monday at the Library at 7 p.m. Making science fun!
- Check our website to see what’s happening http://corinth.sals.edu Don’t forget story time for pre-school kids on Saturdays at 10:30 a.m.
Some great books to read this month are:
- Dinosaurs Jokes – Jacqueline Horsfall
- Giant Pants – Mark Fearing
- It’s Raining Cats & Dogs – Charles Keller
- Good Sports – Jack Prelutsky
- Bolivar – Sean Rubin
- The 20th Century Children’s Poetry Treasury
- A Busy Creature’s Day Eating – Mo Willems
- Calculator Riddles – David A. Adler
- The Nonsense Verse of Edward Lear – by Edward Lea
The school store will now sell Smencils every Tuesday and Thursday when the store is open!
Our Box Top contest will be ending on April 30 for this school year. The class that has collected the most Box Tops will be rewarded with a pizza party in May. Remember to include your child’s name and teacher name when turning them in. Unfortunately, we are no longer accepting Soup Labels. Please do NOT send those in. Thank you!
The PTSA is collecting gift baskets for Teacher Appreciation week in May. We are in need of donations from families. If you would like to donate a gift basket or a gift certificate to be given to a teacher during Teacher Appreciation Week, you can do so by dropping your basket or gift certificate off at the Elementary School. The deadline for donations is April 27th.
The PTSA is also looking for baked good donations from families for staff to enjoy on Monday, May 7, as part of Teacher Appreciation Week. You can drop off your baked goods that morning at school. Thank you for all of your help to make this a special week for the Teachers and staff at Corinth Elementary School.
Don’t forget to update us with ANY change in important information so we can update our records.
FOR A CHANGE IN DISMISSAL, CALL THE OFFICE AT 654-2960 BY 1 p.m.
No bus changes will be made after 1 p.m.