Corinth Elementary School
Spring is in the air! Remember to send your child to school with warm coats and boots if needed. Classes go outside every day for recess, weather permitting. Our nurse does not have enough extra jackets and sweatshirts to go around so please be sure to provide the proper attire for your child. Thank you.
Our March Literacy month was packed full of many wonderful reading experiences from mystery readers, to DEAR (Drop Everything and Read), and to the many creative reading posters that were turned in. A special Thank You to the Hudson River Community Credit Union, Saratoga National Bank, The Post Office, and the Town Hall for displaying some of our posters.
Mark your calendars! A reminder that our Rainbow Classic will be held on Tuesday, June 18th with a rain date of June 19th. This event is for students in grades 1-5. Please be looking in your child’s folder for more information on this day. This is always a fun day for students and their families. We hope you can make it!
Calendar Items for April 2019:
- April 2 & 3 – NYS ELA Test for students in Gr. 3-8
- April 9 - BOE Meeting, 6:00pm HS Board Room
- April 11 – 3rd Quarter Report cards go home with students
- April 16 – PTSA Meeting @ 6:30pm, Elementary Cafeteria
- April 16 & 17 – Kindergarten Registration
- April 22-26 – NO SCHOOL - Spring Recess. Enjoy the time off with your children.
- April 30 – Box Top contest ENDS for this school year
Corinth Free Library highlights
- April is National Poetry Month andNational Humor Month
- April 1st – Meeting of the Board of Trustees of the Corinth Free Library at 7pm
- April 7 – 13 is National Library Week
- April 12th is DEAR – Drop Everything and Read!
- April 12th – Tick & Lyme Disease Prevention presentation with Saratoga County Health Services (for parents) from 11-12
- April 15 – Rachel Clothier from the Corinth Museum will be here at 7pm
- April 23 – Talk Like Shakespeare Day.Methinks that couldst be fun!
- Check our website to see what’s happening http://corinth.sals.edu
- Don’t forget story time for pre-school kids on Saturdays at 10:30am
Some great books to read this month are:
- The 20th Century Children’s Poetry Treasury
- It’s Raining Cats & Dogs – Charles Keller
- The Nonsense Verse of Edward Lear – by Edward Lear
- Dinosaurs Jokes – Jacqueline Horsfall
Our Box Top contest will be ending on April 30th for this school year. The class that has collected the most Box Tops will be rewarded with an ice cream party in May. Remember to include your child’s name and teacher name when turning them in.
The PTSA will be having another raffle this year during teacher appreciation week for our wonderful teachers. We are collecting gift cards this year to raffle off to staff. We are in need of gift card donations to restaurants, coffee shops, stores, gas stations, bakeries, florists, and craft stores. Any donations are much appreciated and helpful. Please send all gift card donations to school or hand them in to the office in an envelope labeled Jen (PTSA) or Billie (PTSA). Please check our Facebook page for information regarding our teacher appreciation week. If you have any questions, please message the PTSA via Facebook. Families can send gift cards in now through April 30th.
Thank you for supporting your child’s school and for all of your help to make this a special week for the Teachers and staff at Corinth Elementary School.
Our next meeting will be held on April 16th at 6:30pm in the Elementary School Cafeteria. Be sure to join us and see what wonderful things the PTSA does for your school.
Other Important Information
Change of Information/Emergency Contact Form
Please fill this Change of Information/Emergency Contact form [PDF] out and send to school with your child if there has been ANY change in important information so that we may update our records. Thank you!
Student Absence Form
Please fill out this Student Absence form [PDF] and return to school with your child whenever they miss school, for any reason. We need to keep our records up-to-date in the computer for reporting to New York State. Thank you!
**Please note: if you are unable to access any documents on this page, please contact the Elementary Main Office at (518) 654-2960, ext. 1102.