Dear Fourth Grader and Guardians,
Welcome to 4th Grade! We’re so excited to be working with you! Here’s a bit of information that will help you to be better prepared for 4th Grade.
First, you’ve been given the book, The Chocolate Touch. Please store this book in a safe place because you need to return it on the 1st day of school. If it’s lost, you must pay for its replacement. Enjoy reading this book at your own pace. If you read it at the start of the summer, you should revisit it for facts. While reading, think about what this story reminds you of. Are you like one of the characters? What text connections did you notice? Did you make predictions? Was anything confusing?
Next, multiplication fact memorization is a MUST. You cannot divide with fluency without knowing your facts. Rainy days can be flashcard days. Travel with your flashcards on long drives. Ask an adult to quiz you while waiting in a line. Use a timer to see how many facts that you can do in a minute. You need to be able to recite the product from memory without the use of fingers and counting on. Practice, practice, practice, so that you do not struggle.
Finally, class supplies are listed below.
Fourth Grade Supply List
Required (please label notebooks and folders)
- 2 packs of 24 sharpened pencils (Ticonderoga lasts longer than most)
- 1 green 1 subject notebook- Science/Social Studies
- 1 blue 1 subject notebook- Math
- I red 1 subject notebook- ELA
- 1 yellow 1 subject notebook -Writing
- I red 2 pocket folder- ELA
- 1 green 2 pocket folder- Science./Social Studies
- 1 yellow 2 pocket folder- Writing
- Pencil pouch (no pencil boxes please- they do not fit well and spill often)
- Crayons or colored pencils- NO PENS or HIGHLIGHTERS Needed
- 2 large pink erasers
- A 2 pack of AA batteries (Duracell or Energizer)
BINDERS and Trapper Keepers do not fit in desks or lockers, no mechanical pencils
Wish list for class
- Clorox wipes
- Granola Bars for the first few hungry days back
The Fourth Grade Team