TEMPORARY HOUSING NOTICE
Are you in emergency or transitional housing?
- Sharing housing due to loss of housing or economic hardship
- In a motel, hotel, trailer park, or camping grounds due to lack of other housing
- In a car, park, public space, abandoned building, or bus or train station
- Awaiting foster care placement
- OR in any of the above housing arrangements due to migration
If any of these are true, you may have certain rights as a family/person in a temporary housing situation. If you are in a temporary housing situation, your children may qualify for assistance under the McKinney-Vento Act.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Please read http://www.nysteachs.org/media/INF_LP_Fed_MV.pdf or call our District's homeless liaisons:
- Jill Bovee, District McKinney-Vento Supervisor, 654-9005 ext. 3441
- Kerry Giumarra, Grades PK- 5 Liaison, 654-2960 ext. 1104
- Jennifer Crave, Grades 6-12 Liaison, 654-9005 ext. 3628
Additional resoureces are available from the NYS Technical and Educational Center for Homelessness.