Childcare Needs for Essential Healthcare Workers
The Governor recently amended the criteria of essential workers to include many occupations that allow our infrastructure to operate. These additional essential positions are bulleted below. Our district is working with other schools in the area and WSWHE BOCES to create a regional plan that addresses this child care need.
- Essential health care workers may include licensed health professionals such as physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, registered nurses, LPNs and nurse assistants or laboratory personnel and direct support professionals.
- First responders may include paramedics, emergency medical technicians, police officers, and firefighters.
- Direct support professionals may include clinicians and support staff serving the behavioral health, intellectual/developmental disabilities and child welfare communities in residential and community-based care settings.
- Food manufacturing, production, distribution and supply including supermarket workers and food preparation.
- Transportation including commercial truck drivers of necessary supplies and equipment, transit workers, air and rail and carriers of critical and essential materials.
- Construction and Manufacturing including specialized equipment related to health or safety of the public.
- Nonprofit and social service agencies providing support to families and employees in related fields.
If you are working in any of these professions and having issues finding childcare, please fill out the form below or contact 518-654-9005 . We will take down your information and try to assist you to fill these childcare needs. https://docs.google.com/