Dec. 10, 2018 - Throughout the year, the Corinth Corner series highlights those in our district who help our students reach their fullest potential. It is a chance for the Corinth community to get to know our teachers, administrators, and staff on a more personal level. View previous Corinth Corners here.
Ms. Hillary Haskell is in her twenty-first year of working in the Corinth Central School District, where she currently acts as athletic director and teaches middle school physical education. Ms. Haskell is also coaching field hockey for the 2018-19 school year and has coached many other sports during her time in Corinth.
Ms. Haskell currently resides in Queensbury, however, she grew up in Athol, NY and graduated from Warrensburg Central School District. She earned a bachelor’s degree in physical education from Castleton University, formerly known as Castleton State College, in Vermont. Additionally, she earned her master's degree in general education from St. Joseph's College.
Learn some fun facts about Ms. Haskell below:
- What do you like most about working in the Corinth Central District?
Most definitely having the opportunity to work with a wonderful group of students, faculty and staff.
- What do you like best about being an Athletic Director?
I like the opportunity to work directly with our coaching staff to try improve upon our athletic programs.
- What is your favorite event that happens at Corinth?
It is a toss up between the Hoops of the Holidays event in which we raise money for family in needs and our Unified basketball team.
- What is your favorite memory from your time in Corinth?
Not my favorite but my most memorable was returning to school in May of 2018 after a Cancer diagnosis and the way the entire staff welcomed me back and made feel so loved and appreciated. I was terrified to return to school but the students all surprised me in the cafeteria wearing their baseball hats and all was good.
- What made you want become an Athletic Director?
I never had this position in mind, it was a position that was left vacant when Jeff Higgins left. I took the position over in March of 2014 to help get us through the school year.
- When you were in high school, what did you want to be when you "grew up?"
A physical therapist.
- What is the most unusual job you've ever had?
I drove the mail truck at Castleton State College for my work study job to pay for college.
- What would co-workers and students be surprised to know about you?
I am a bit of a germaphobe.
- If you could teach a different subject area, what would it be and why?
Elementary classroom. I just love the innocence and curiosity of young people.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
Spend quality time with my son, Camden. He is the reason for everything in my world.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Bora Bora - looks like paradise.
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Take my entire family on a vacation with no technology.
- What are the top three items on your "bucket list?"
Pay off my student loans, take my son on many more experiences/vacations and SLOW DOWN.
- What are you currently reading/listening to/watching?
How Lucky You can be by Buster Olney.
- What are your favorite sports teams?
Any Orange and Black team that represents the Tomahawks and the Red Sox.