We may not be able to have our traditional PBIS assemblies in our packed cafeteria, but we are still recognizing our students for their excellent character! Our PBIS committee has worked hard this year to come up with creative ways to continue this meaningful CES tradition.
Each month a student is nominated by his/her teacher and recognized for the character trait of the month. These students are recognized in their classroom and presented with a certificate. We are so proud of all our students. In September, students were recognized for showing respect. In October, students were recognized for demonstrating kindness, and in November teachers will be looking for students who consistently show gratitude and how they are thankful.
MATH MODULE PRESENTATION
NOVEMBER COMMUNITY FORUM
The next Community Forum is going to be held Thursday November 19th at 6:00pm. The webex information is below.
Meeting number: 172 199 1070
Host key: 434449
More ways to join
Join by video system
You can also dial 18.104.22.168 and enter your meeting number.
Join by phone
+1-415-655-0001 US Toll
Access code: 172 199 1070
2ND SEMESTER INSTRUCTION
We are ready to welcome our virtual students to in-person instruction. A survey will be sent to you on November 24, 2020. This Google Form survey must be submitted by December 4th if you want to change the format in which your child is receiving their instruction.
Based on these survey results and number of students seeking in-person instruction, we may need to reconfigure our classrooms. This could possibly mean new homeroom teachers for students and our current virtual teachers becoming in-person homeroom teachers. Our virtual model could then be a live-stream into the in-person classrooms.
This change could possibly result in the need to create two transportation runs to safely transport all students to our building. The start and end time of the school day may have to change if we need to create two transportation runs.
We have a lot of unknowns that we will be able to better answer when the survey is completed. We will conclude that you do not want to make changes to your child's learning format if you do not answer the survey.
NOVEMBER DATES TO REMEMBER
November 11th- No School
November 13th- Half Day- 11:30- Lunches served
November 17th- 6:00 K-2 or 6:45 3-6- Virtual Math Module Presentation
November 19th - Community Forum
November 23 and 24- Half Days- Parent Teacher Conferences
November 25, 26, 27- No School- Thanksgiving Recess
PICTURE RETAKE DAYS
December 7th: 10 am - 2 pm for in-person K - 4 @ ES
December 7th: 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm for virtual students K - 5 @ ES
December 8th: 8:30 am - 9:30 am for our in-person 5th graders @ the MS/HS
When the roads are not safe for us to transport our students to the school building we will have virtual learning days. Teachers will be sending home schedules for virtual snow days which will include live instruction and review work for students to complete in their google classroom. Teachers will also make sure that our students have lots of time to enjoy the snow! Over the next few weeks, students will practice bringing their Chromebooks home and keeping them safe. We ask that you have your child keep their Chromebook in their backpack to ensure a safe return to school on these practice days.
PTSA PENGUIN PATCH HOLIDAY SHOP
In the past we've had our Penguin Patch Holiday Shop in person, but this year we will be hosting our shop ONLINE!! We are SO excited to give our students the opportunity to safely shop online, while still experiencing the joy of giving. With over 100+ items to choose from, flat rate shipping to your house, AND as always a portion of the proceeds go back to our school we hope you choose to shop with us this year!
School homepage: https://shop.penguinpatch.com/index.php
Shopping dates: November 18th- December 4th
It will be so fun shopping online from home with your child. Gifts will be delivered right to your home before the holidays. Experience the safe and inexpensive way for your child to shop for their loved ones.
Thank you- The Corinth Elementary PTSA
HOLIDAY TRAVEL GUIDELINES
Below you will find information from Saratoga County Public Health with guidelines for holiday travel and safety precautions for keeping our community safe and healthy during the holiday season.
SARATOGA COUNTY FOOD PANTRY
50 THINGS YOU CAN SAY TO ENCOURAGE A CHILD...
- Thumbs up.
- You’re on the right track now.
- You’ve worked so hard on that.
- I heard you say how you feel. That’s great,
- Oh, that turned out very well.
- That’s coming along nicely.
- I’m proud of the way you worked today.
- You’ve just about got it.
- That’s the best you’ve ever done.
- You stayed so calm during that problem.
- That’s it!
- Now you’ve figured it out!
- That’s quite an improvement.
- I knew you could do it.
- I love hearing your words.
- What a superstar you are.
- You’ve solved the problem.
- Keep working on it, you’re almost there!
- Now you have it.
- Your brain must be working hard, you figured that out quickly.
- I bet you’re proud of yourself.
- One more time and you’ll have it.
- Great idea!
- You’re amazing!
- Terrific teamwork!
- Nothing can stop you now.
- You have such creative ideas.
- That’s the way to do it.
- You must have been practicing.
- You handled that so well.
- I like how you think.
- Good remembering.
- You know just what to do!
- You really are persisting with this.
- You expressed yourself so well.
- You did it!
- I knew you two could figure it out together.
- Excellent job saying how you feel.
- I know it’s hard, but you’re almost there.
- Fantastic problem-solving!
- I love hearing about your ideas.
- I know that was hard for you, but you stayed so calm.
- Looked at how you help each other.
- You finished faster because you worked together.
- You kept trying!
- Excellent try!
- You are a creative thinker.