February 15, 2019 - Throughout the year, the Corinth Corner series highlights those in our district who help our students reach their fullest potential. It is a chance for the Corinth community to get to know our teachers, administrators, and staff on a more personal level. View previous Corinth Corners here.
Ms. Helen Bardin is in her 22nd year of working in the Corinth Central School District, and in her 15th year as an Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent of Schools. She has worked with a total of three Corinth Superintendents, and previously worked as an Administrative Assistant for CSE.
Ms. Bardin currently resides in Corinth, where she grew up and is a graduate of Corinth High School.
Learn more about Ms. Bardin:
- What do you like most about working in the Corinth Central School District?
Enjoy seeing the progress and changes that each Superintendent brings to the district.
- What do you like best about your job?
Everyday is different, it is never the same.
- What is your favorite event that happens at Corinth?
Community fun Day & RAOK.
- What is your favorite memory from Corinth?
I always enjoy the annual "Hoops for Cash" event. It has always been a huge event and I am proud to be part of it.
- What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Raising two successful sons who have become great parents!
- If you could do something else, what would you do and why?
Volunteer at Ronald McDonald House…close to my heart.
- When you were in high school, what did you want to be when you "grew up?"
I wanted to be a Teacher.
- What is the most unusual job you've ever had?
I was a receptionist for the Culligan company and had to address phone calls of potential customers with, “Hey Culligan Man!”
- What would the co-workers be surprised to know about you?
Most family & friends call me by my nickname “Herbie” which I have had since 5th grade!
- What do you like to do in your free time?
Shop, spend time with grandchildren and go on mini-trips with friends.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Paris and/or Hawaii.
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Buy a house in a warmer climate and secure funds for my grandchildren.
- What are the top three items on your "bucket list?"
See the Grand Canyon, be present for the Baseball Hall of Fame induction of Derek Jeter, and golf lessons.
- What are you currently reading/listening to/watching?
“This is Us."
- What are your favorite sports teams?
NY Yankees and Greenbay Packers.