Sept. 24, 2018- Throughout the year, the Corinth Corner series will highlight those in our district who help our students reach their fullest potential. It is a chance for the Corinth community to get to know our teachers, administrators, and staff on a more personal level.
Mrs. Lisa Frinton is in her thirty-second year of teaching in the Corinth Central School District, where she currently teaches second grade. Mrs. Frinton has also taught sixth grade, kindergarten and first grade during her time in Corinth. She also teaches online graduate courses through NYSUT ELT.
Mrs. Frinton grew up in Hadley in Saratoga County where she still lives today. She earned a bachelor’s degree in education from Cedarville University in Cedarville, OH and a master's degree from The College of Saint Rose in Albany, NY.
Learn more about Mrs. Frinton:
- What do you like most about working in the Corinth Central District?
I love the small town and the feeling of community. The kids are amazing. I love that I am now teaching former students’ children.
- What do you like best about teaching?
I love that look when a child “gets it”. You can tell when they have mastered a tough concept. That smile and sense of pride is such a reward.
- What is your favorite event that happens at Corinth?
I enjoy Flag Day. I like how we honor our Veterans and community members. The students have the opportunity to learn Patriotic songs.
- What is your favorite memory from teaching at Corinth?
I try really hard to remember all of my students but I will always remember my first Kindergarten class. I can still remember all of their names. One of them is one of our newest teachers this year!
- Tell us about one of your favorite projects/units of study and why you enjoy sharing this with your students.
I use Google Classroom with my 2nd graders and introduce them to Web Quest where they can do independent learning and projects. I love watching how their minds work and how much they have to offer to each other. I learn so much from them.
- What made you want become a teacher?
I don’t ever remember not wanting to be a teacher. It was always my goal from the time I was very little. I drove my siblings crazy because I was always “playing school.”
- If you could teach a different subject area, what would it be and why?
I wouldn’t want to change what I am doing.
- When you were in high school, what did you want to be when you "grew up?
Always a teacher.
- What is the most unusual job you've ever had?
The only other job that I have had besides teaching is working in a corner grocery store (a family business) making subs and salads.
- What would your students be surprised to know about you?
I have taken a flight in a hot air balloon. Twice.
- What do you like to do in your free time?
I love boating and camping with my family. I also like to read and scrapbook.
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
I would save a little and spend the rest on family and friends.
- What are the top three items on your "bucket list?"
I don’t have a bucket list. I like to live every day in the moment. My best times are with my family and love when we are all in the same place. That doesn’t always happen with adult children.
- What are you currently reading/listening to/watching?
I am reading a book called, “Gracie’s Secret” about a young girl who was in a terrible accident and is afraid to tell the truth about it.
- What are your favorite sports teams?
All NY teams: Yankees, Giants, Rangers, and Knicks. Not necessarily in that order!