June 17, 2019 -Throughout the year, the Corinth Corner series highlights those in our district who help our students reach their fullest potential. It is a chance for the Corinth community to get to know our teachers, administrators, and staff on a more personal level. View previous Corinth Corners here.
Mrs. Maureen Kuntz is in her thirty-first year of teaching in the Corinth Central School District, where she currently teaches Grade 6 science. Mrs. Kuntz previously was a long-term substitute at Glens Falls City Schools and Hudson Falls School District. She has participated in many extracurricular activities while at Corinth including: the National Junior Honor Society board; Friendship club; Share Decision Making Committee; Guidance Committee; CARE Committee; and Coordinator for the eighth grade graduation ceremony.
Mrs. Kuntz was born just outside of Buffalo, New York and lived there for the first twelve years of her life. She then moved to Queensbury with her family and has lived there every since. Mrs. Kuntz earned her bachelor's degree in elementary education and special education from SUNY Buffalo State, and her master's in administrative studies.
Learn more about Mrs. Kuntz below:
- What do you like most about working in the Corinth Central District?
The children here are what make this job so special.
- What do you like best about teaching?
That moment when you see the recognition dawn in a student's eyes when they had been struggling with a concept.
- What is your favorite event that happens at Corinth?
I enjoy spending time with the children at the PBIS Fun Nights and I especially enjoy seeing all the children dress up for the semi formal.
- What is your favorite memory from teaching at Corinth?
I think I most love seeing how the children grow and change and become a bit closer to who they are meant to be each and every year.
- Tell us about one of your favorite projects/units of study and why you enjoy sharing this with your students.
This will be no surprise to anyone - I love teaching about the weather. I love teaching children how to use the signs that Mother Nature gives to predict the weather on their own.
- What made you want to become a teacher?
My first teachers who taught me to love books, reading and learning.
- If you could teach a different subject area, what would it be and why?
Social Studies - I love studying history and understanding how the events of the past connect to the present.
- When you were in high school, what did you want to be when you "grew up?"
I always wanted to be a teacher.
- What is the most unusual job you've ever had?
I think it goes back to when I subbed and would sub in shop classes. Those classes were totally out of my comfort zone and area of expertise.
- What would your students be surprised to know about you?
Science was not my subject in sixth grade.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Egypt - I have always wanted to see the pyramids.
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
Share it with friends and family.
- What is your favorite activity to do in the summer?
Gardening and travel.
- What is your favorite TV show/Movie/Book/Podcast, etc.?
Call the Midwife.
- What is your favorite food?
Anything my mom cooks!