New York State Testing
Our school community has been working hard to meet our academic goals throughout the school year. Students take assessments throughout their educational journey to allow educators to monitor learning and growth. On March 30th and 31st, all students grades 5-8 will participate in the New York State Assessments in ELA. Students will participate in session 1 on Wednesday and session 2 on Thursday.
Please keep in mind the following reminders:
- Chromebooks should be fully charged the night before the assessment. Students will take their assessment online, using their chromebook
- Prior to the start of the assessment, students will be offered breakfast in their first period class
- All electronic devices must be stored in their lockers prior to the start of the assessment. This includes cell phones, smart watches, etc. If a student is found to have an electronic device in the testing area, your child's score will be invalidated and he/she will receive no score.
- Testing will begin at approximately 8:30am and conclude at approximately 10:15am.
- Students will resume their normal schedule at the conclusion of the exam.
- Students who are absent will complete their assessment on Friday, April 1st
Corinth Aims to Reach Everyone - CARE Committee
The CARE Committee strives to meet the evolving needs of our Corinth students and families by developing programs and services that aid in addressing challenges faced by our student body while working to continue to build collaborative relationships between our schools, our students, our families and our community.
Here is a link to our latest C.A.R.E. Newsletter:
Congratulations to the Corinth Middle School students who participated in the Middle School Math Club Math Olympics. The teams had fun competing against each other in the relays and completing math problems. Teams Math Magicians, Mathletes, Senders and Math Minds were fierce competitors. Team Algebros, with mathletes Walker Currier, Peyton Frazer, Chase Skinner and Lauralai Towers placed first. Team Cool Kids ; Sawyer Anderson, Alexis Baker, Ben Dishon, and Conley Baldwin, placed second. Congratulations to all Mathletes for persevering, taking risks and and not being afraid to try something new.
Social Emotional Learning - The Positivity Project
The mission of The Positivity Project is to empower America's youth to build positive relationships and become their best selves. This is a District-Wide initiative to meet the social emotional needs of our students. Students receive daily lessons on a variety of different character traits.
During the months of March and April, we will be working on the following character strengths:
March 27- April 2: Humor
April 3-9: OPM - Identifying & appreciating the good in others
April 10-16: Fairness
April 17-23: Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence
April 24-April 30: Purpose
Yearbooks are on sale NOW! You can order directly online by clicking the link below. Search for Corinth High School. For any questions regarding yearbooks, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Order your yearbook here: http://balfour.com/
Corinth Middle School will again be offering a summer school program at the conclusion of the school year. More information will be forthcoming. Stay tuned!
- WATER BOTTLE: Students should bring a refillable water bottle with them to school each day. Due to COVID restrictions, our water fountains are currently not in use. Water bottle filling stations are available throughout the building
- EAR-BUDS - Students are asked to bring ear buds to school on a daily basis as they are needed for certain class activities
- PARKING: Parents/guardians are asked not to drop students off in the staff parking lot by the Cafeteria in the morning
Please continue to email us at email@example.com if you/your student has received positive test results or if you have been ordered to quarantine due to an exposure to a COVID-positive person.
Student of the Month
Congratulations to our February Students of the Month! At the end of the month, students are selected by their teachers for displaying our Middle School “Tomahawk Pride” behaviors of being safe, respectful and responsible.
Grade 5: Alexis Baker & Layla Brunell
Grade 6: Ellison Emery & David Baker
Grade 7: Noah Hollenbeck & Summer Cameron
Grade 8: Andrew Varney & Jenna Hollner
ART: Payton Gill
Music: Band - Kirana Ellis, Music - Haydon Heil
PE: Grady Juk
Family & Consumer Science: Charity Prosser
PBL: Matthew Allen
Mrs. Adams - Gracie Brown
Important Upcoming Dates
March 30th - 31st: NYS ELA Testing
April 1st: End of 3rd Quarter
April 15th - 22nd: Spring Recess - NO SCHOOL