You may have heard the exciting news about New York State’s new Excelsior Scholarship. New York’s tuition-free degree program is the first of its kind in the nation. Tuition-free college will begin immediately for students whose families make up to $100,000 annually and extend to those making $120,000 annually by 2019.
In order to be eligible, students must:
· Be residents of New York State
· Plan to attend a SUNY or CUNY two or four year degree program
· Take 30 credits per year and make progress towards graduation
· Maintain good academic standing
· Be on track to graduate on time with an Associate’s Degree in two years or a Bachelor’s Degree in four years
Students must apply for this award. Visit www.hesc.ny.gov/excelsior for more information and to sign up for email alerts about when and how to apply. The Excelsior Scholarship application is available now through July 21st.