Thank you to all of the Corinth Middle School families who came out tonight for our 1st Student Expo, Dinner and Cyber Safety Night!
Student projects from all grade levels were displayed.
- Tech/PBL 8 students demonstrated coding with the new Sphero Spark robotic ball that will be part of the their course later this year
- Math Club students facilitated a hands-on math challenge
- The Middle School Robotics Club demonstrated the new robots
- The PBL 8 Team hosted guests from SUNY Polytechnic Institute who facilitated a hands-on STEM activity with the help of PBL 8 students
- The Corinth Community Leo Club and Drama Club participated in our evening to welcome new members
- The National Honor Society students served and acted as hosts to many of the display tables
The evening culminated with a guest speaker on Cyber Safety – David DeCelle from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. He presented ways to keep children safe while playing on and using the computer and other devices that connect to the internet.
“I want to say how proud I am of all the hard work and commitment put in by the staff and students to pull off last night’s Student Expo,” said Middle School Principal Mr, Eric Schenone. “It was powerful to see it all come together, with such a diverse and well rounded representation of our school and the amazing things that go on here each and every day. It is a true testament to the hard work and pride you each take in making our school such an inviting and inclusive environment.”
Kudos to our CMS Shared-Decision-Making Team for coordinating a wonderful evening! A big shout out to the CMS teachers and Principal Schenone for providing a delicious homemade pasta dinner and Mrs. Tevendale for the beautiful cupcakes for dessert!
Photo credit: P. Siano.